Summary of the BC Home Buying Process
0 Flares 0 Flares ×
This is what should happen in the ideal home buying process in British Columbia:
- You are thinking of buying a place.
- You contact a Mortgage Broker, and he gets you pre-approved.
- You speak to a Realtor and tell him you have been pre-approved for X dollars.
- You find the home of your dreams and the Realtor negotiates a price for less than X dollars.
- Your offer is accepted by the Seller.
- Your Realtor contacts the Mortgage Broker, who changes your pre-approval to an approval.
- You meet with a Lawyer and sign the final documentation.
Once you have met with the Lawyer, everything should be on its way to completing smoothly.